Basic RPG stats usage

Started by
31 comments, last by chaim79 20 years, 2 months ago
Instead of MP, you could have:

1) stamina - Every time you cast a spell it drains the character physially and mentally. Making them tired and weak, decreasing their overall effectiveness.

2) Mystical currency - stones, crystals, pixi dust whatever, magic is small tradeable commodited that is expended whenever a spell is cast and can also be used to forge magic items.

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I'm a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

[edited by - TechnoGoth on February 16, 2004 1:50:16 PM]
Advertisement
Tha magic currency idea sounds good actually. But like I said, it''d have to be in constant replenishing. Also, I noticed something while playing Zone Of The Enders 2 recently, that I was more free with the Subweapons because the gauge because it had that constant replenish and was limited to a maximum (i.e. I''d be wasting it if I didn''t use it). The first game had a per weapon limitation, and I never used the weapons considering the ammo was scarce.

So, a magic currency with a limited wallet. Can''t hold more then 5 Firebrand Sigils.
william bubel
What you think of a system where MP cannot be replennished by items, only by a stat of MP/time regeneration? Also with less "spell" and more "effect" magic? (ie, an effect spell that costs 2mp per minute and increases Health regeneration by 5hp per minute; or a weapon effect that ''drains'' hp from your apponent and adds it to your hp, and costs 5mp per hit, etc)

I am playing around with an RPG game that is kinda combined with RTS style fighting: max of 6 in party, 360 degree movement, 3D map, actions costing points (magic points/action points), mp/ap can be used any time, mp/ap generated over time (start with nothing or only a few mp/ap) Not sure I''ll finish the game, but I''m playing around with it anyway.

Erik of Ekedahl

I am a madman running through the halls of computer latency, freeing the dark-suckers from their pedistals of atrophy... man I need some sleep.
I am a madman running through the halls of computer latency, freeing the dark-suckers from their pedistals of atrophy... man I need some sleep.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement