• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Run_The_Shadows

Hosting sale for ALL GameDev members! 40% Off!

This topic is 5269 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm sure you've all seen the linkage/pimpage in my sig, well here's some news you might not simply want to ignore. The entry-level webhosting company I'm a partner in has just moved to a new server and to celebrate, we're offering major discounts to members of our favorite forums. Generic Web Host is a small start-up company run by myself and two friends. We're focused on the independant market, offering low price hosting and reseller plans. Our prices are cut so low because we don't worry about flashiness and we don't have a staff to salary. It's just three of us who are devoted to bringing expedient service to our customers. Our top worry is simply about the hosting being fast and reliable. And as far as that goes, I'm aware of at least a few forum members here who will vouch for this service. And if they can't convince you, here's a link to an older version of Mozilla for speed-testing: Mozilla I'd imagine there are those of you that are still hosting with IcarusIndie and I'd like to persuade you to switch. II's Premium plan is listed as: -50MB of space -NO CGI-bin -4Gig of bandwidth. -It's the only plan they offer that allows for use of your own domain.(www.yourdomain.com) rather than a subdomain or even directory. All for $5/month. GWH's basic plan is: -250MB of space -CGI-Bin, Perl, and PHP supported natively, with a CPanel frontend for website management. -5Gigs of bandwidth -And no matter what plan you use, we allow you to use your own domain, create a subdomain on our host, and we even add the option to have us buy your domain at registration-time. All this, and a bit more is normally priced at $4/month, but using the coupon code "GB2GWH"(minus the quotes, of course) you'll receive 40% off, dropping the price to just $2.40/month. This coupon code will discount 40% off ANY of our plans for your initial sign-up period. That means for a year of our basic plan - which is great for image hosting all you macro-fiends - drops from $30 to $18. That's only $1.50/month! If you have any questions, you can reach any of the three partners at: Ryan(Sales and deal-maker) - AIM: RunTheShadows email: ryan@lecherousjester.com Steve(Finances and administration) - AIM: Lecherousjester email: steve@genericwebhost.com Matt(Sysadmin and support) - AIM: LtCmdrHawk989s email: admin@hawk989s.com Once again, the coupon code for all Gamedev members is GB2GWH and that will give you 40% off any of our plans for the basic signup period. For those GameDev members who have purchased a plan from us in the past month(Since Jan. 19th) please contact Steve and he'll discuss what we can do to help you out since you just /barely/ missed the sale but had to put up with the day of migration-time anyways. For those who have older plans in place that aren't up for renewel yet, please contact us around the time your account is up for renewel and we'd be happy to offer you the same 40% off. - It's a life's work :Image Hosting @ $5/3 Months :30Gig/month bandwidth Reseller Plan @ $40/3 Month Generic WebHost: The Cheapest Hosting Around! -ryan@lecherousjester.com edit: Just updated prices to FOURTY PERCENT discount. [edited by - Run_The_Shadows on February 16, 2004 1:33:09 PM] [edited by - Run_The_Shadows on February 16, 2004 1:34:41 PM] [edited by - Run_The_Shadows on February 16, 2004 1:47:19 PM]

Advertisement
Regarding basic plan:

PHP support:

• Exact version?
  • Do we have any control over PHP settings?
  • Will the settings/version remain stable, or could it change at any time?

MySQL support:

• Version?
  • Transaction limits?

Bandwidth:

• Overcharging rate?
  • Possible for user specifiable hourly/daily/monthly hardlimits, where the site will shutdown until the period end to prevent bandwidth overrun?

quote:
Original post by Michalson
Regarding basic plan:

PHP support:

• Exact version?
  • Do we have any control over PHP settings?
  • Will the settings/version remain stable, or could it change at any time?

MySQL support:

• Version?
  • Transaction limits?

Bandwidth:

• Overcharging rate?
  • Possible for user specifiable hourly/daily/monthly hardlimits, where the site will shutdown until the period end to prevent bandwidth overrun?

PHP:
-We do not currently allow per-user PHP customizing, but if you have a request, we''re happy to try and make it work for you.
-We do update our PHP from time to time, always to a stable release.

MySQL:
-No transaction limit

Bandwidth:
-$0.50/Gig overcharge rate. But we''re generally pretty lenient. If you are allotted 25 gigs and only use 15 that month, unless something terribly cataclysmic happens, we''ll carry that 10gigs over to your next month.
-Not currently, but we''re looking into adding it.

- It''s a life''s work
:Image Hosting @ $5/3 Months
:30Gig/month bandwidth Reseller Plan @ $40/3 Month
Generic WebHost: The Cheapest Hosting Around!

-ryan@lecherousjester.com

Sounds very good (and tempting) but... only payment by paypay? Paypal is a pain to setup and I''d much rather use a credit card. Any chance of adding that at any point?

quote:
Original post by OrangyTang
Sounds very good (and tempting) but... only payment by paypay? Paypal is a pain to setup and I''d much rather use a credit card. Any chance of adding that at any point?

Due to our currently low profile status, we don''t have the funds necessary to support direct credit card billing at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

- It''s a life''s work
:Image Hosting @ $5/3 Months
:30Gig/month bandwidth Reseller Plan @ $40/3 Month
Generic WebHost: The Cheapest Hosting Around!

-ryan@lecherousjester.com

wow - this is an exceptionally good offer.

$18 per year - thats about €14 ... cheap!

is there anything else we should know about?
do we have to include banners or pop-ups on our pages?

---
craig(at)cod3rz(dot)net

[edited by - craigatcod3rzdotnet on February 16, 2004 3:47:11 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!