Try the test version of my game...

Started by
5 comments, last by -b- 20 years, 2 months ago
Greetings All, After a few months of nights and weekends my little multiplayer FPS is ready for a proper test. Would you all be good enough to download the test and try it out, then post your specs and performance, along with any bugs, glitches or other wrongness. I've only been able to test this on my home computer, so there will probably be all sorts of problems, sorry about that. If anyone would be willing to run a master server, to make it easier for people to find servers to play on, please either e-mail me, or post in reply to this topic. Also, if you'd be good enough to run a dedicated server, please post the address here so people can play mulitplayer. Note: this is nowhere near a finished game, there's only one weapon and one very dubious level I made last night, but it should be enough to tell if everything's working. I would be running a server and the master server myself, but my ISP seems to block incomming traffic or something, I havn't been able to get it to work at all. it works fine on my lan, tho, so i don't think it's the code that's broken. Thanks in advance, b. ScreenShot1 ScreenShot2 AMFTest1.exe [edited by - -b- on February 20, 2004 3:50:03 AM]
Advertisement
Runs fine on my computer
Your game looks pretty good, nice job!

Athlon 2500+@3200+
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
2x256mb KINGSTON HyperX 400mhz
nice game
works at 60~ FPS on my computer:

P4 1.7GhZ
256 RAM
GeForce4 MX 420 64MB
Windows XP pro

I have found a king of a bug, if you lean on a wall (lets say in the right side) and you press the forward and right button, you move twice as fast as you suppose to.

great lightning
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
nice!!!

i''ve got a
p4 2.4ghz
geforce4 ti 4600 128mb ram
512 mb ram
windows xp home ed.

I didn''t see any textures for explosion on the secondary fire though. The grenade just kinda dissapeared into the wall, floor, ceiling, etc.

Wish I could make something like that. Even if it was just a demo I would be totally excited. Keep up the good work.
Really nice. Although, another movement bug: you can''t walk up the stairs when walking into a wall at the same time.
¨@_
Your links do not work in Mozilla Firefox because your HTML is not correct. The text of the link needs to be between the A tags, not after the closing A tag.

That said, nice demo. An explosion with the grenade launcher would be a good thing, but I'm sure you're working on that . The wall decals are a nice touch that even many professional games out there don't have. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Specs -
Athlon XP 2100+
512 MB RAM
Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB
Windows XP Professional

No anomalies detected.

[edited by - Scythe Wielder on February 20, 2004 3:33:38 AM]
Scythe Wielder,
Thanks for that, I think the links are correct now. Honestly I don''t know HTML at all, I had to ''View Source'' on another forum post to get that far

Everybody else,
Thanks loads for trying my little engine test, it''s greatly appreciated. Your comments are really encouraging.

-b-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement