sound/music

Started by
1 comment, last by jokk 20 years, 2 months ago
hi evry1... im curious, is there some way i can check the diffrent channels in a piece of music and use that info 2 make a nice visual (like the bars or waves in winamp)??
Freedom is the freedom to say that two and two equals four
Advertisement
You''re saying it yourself: WinAmp has the possibility. You can freely download the WinAMP SDK to do so. If you want to read directly from file, you surely should be able to get samples from all channels...
Newbie programmers think programming is hard.Amature programmers think programming is easy.Professional programmers know programming is hard.
To create a spectrogram (frequency response) visualization, you can:

1) write your own FFT implementation and do it manually (a "tad" demanding if you (I''m sorry for my directness) don''t even know of a better way to ask the question terminology-wise)
2) use the WinAMP SDK and create a WinAmp plugin
3) download the FMOD/BASS and look how they do it using the respective libraries (usually spectrum.cpp or something similar) and implement it rather easily in your own application
4) search the web for more possilities

"Finishing in second place, simply means you are the first loser." - PouyaCat

"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement