Music wanted - WILL PAY!

Started by
45 comments, last by thickshake 19 years, 11 months ago
Hello guys! Im new here. Im interested in doing game music and I hope to have my site up in a couple of weeks with some mp3s and i look forward to your opinions. I wish I knew about this comp earlier!
Anyway I downloaded the songs and War Full3 has a good begining but then goes downhill for the entire rest of the tune so overall best quality and writing I think is Epic Ancient Battle. I dont think its overly complex at all. Actually War Full3 probably has some more detailed notes! but Epic Ancient Battle is still far more effective, epic and profesional and best sounds used. The other 3 sound a little ''tacky'' in comparison. But I dont want to be to negative when they all put in alot of effort and they might flame my music when I post it!
Advertisement
quote:Original post by skjinedmjeet
Is everybody making sure the samples they use in their songs are royalty free?

Skji, have you heard these tunes / samples before?

quote:Original post by thickshake
quote:Original post by skjinedmjeet
Is everybody making sure the samples they use in their songs are royalty free?

Skji, have you heard these tunes / samples before?

I''m pretty sure I recognize some of the hand-drum samples, but that doesn''t mean much: I''m sure there are tons of sample compilations out there, but if you''re paying for music you should make sure that any samples used in their production are royalty free.
How about getting a signed statement from the musician saying it''s their complete work?
mmm----2nd one.
and the Winner is!! ......

1st was track 2 - Epic_Ancient_Battle2.mp3, winner of 100 pounds

This track has an excellent tune, was complex but still retained that ancient feel. It works very well within the game. A very professional piece of work.

2nd was track 3 - TheArtOfWar.mp3, winner of 50 pounds

This track was simpler but once in the game, portrayed an ancient battle very well.

Special mention must be given to track 4, War_Full3.mp3, which had an excellent drum piece.

I will contact the winners.

Just as sort of an afterthought... the flute in the beginning of the winning composition doesnt sound very inspiring...it wouldnt make me jump into battle...but for anything else i think that it works quite well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement