Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pixel & Vertex Shaders

This topic is 5044 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Whether there are on internet any sites devoted to studying shaders? I want to learn more about shaders, but I don''t know from what to begin... P.S.: sorry for bad English

If you want to learn Cg, there''s a great book called the Cg Tutorial, it''s written by the guys from nvidia themselves, and it''s chock full of cool shader tricks. Course, you may not want to use Cg, and stick with assembly code. But personally I''ve found Cg to be much more straightforward to code in and understand, despite a few issues I have with the compiler.

-Zaya

I second that as well. HLSL is more "compact" than Cg, and since you have internal support for it in DirectX via the D3DXEffect interface, it''s much easier to implement than Cg.

I actually started with Cg but later switched over to HLSL. "The Cg Tutorial" is definately a good book. You might want to look into it as well. Though the shaders are in Cg, you can easily "apply" them to HLSL, with a couple of additions.