Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SendInput problem

This topic is 5041 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to use SendInput in C# and I''m having trouble declaring everything. According the MSDN this is the syntax: UINT SendInput(UINT nInputs, LPINPUT pInputs, int cbSize ); pInputs is a pointer to an array of INPUT structures. The structure for INPUT is: typedef struct tagINPUT { DWORD type; union {MOUSEINPUT mi; KEYBOARDINPUT ki; HARDWAREINPUT hi; }; }INPUT, *PINPUT; I am only interested in KEYBOARDINPUT at this time so the others can be ignored. I''m having trouble converting these structs to c# (because of the union). Here is my code. public struct KEYBDINPUT { int wVk; int wScan; long dwFlags; long time; long dwExtraInfo; } public struct INPUT { [ FieldOffset(0) ] public int mi; [ FieldOffset(0) ] public int ki; [ FieldOffset(0) ] public int hi; } Now, I''d like use the array input[] to setup the pInputs portion of SendInput. I''d like to use this: input[1].ki.wVk = input[2].ki.wVk = 0x60; //num0 How would i change the structures so that the struct INPUT can use the contents of the KEYBDINPUT struct? I''m not sure if this makes sense. If you dont understand what I mean I can elaborate more.

Ok, I think I've almost figured it out. Here is what I have so far.

public struct Input
{
//public uint type;
public int wVk;
public int wScan;
public int dwFlags;
public int time;
public uint dwExtra;
}

[DllImport("user32.dll")]
public static extern uint SendInput(uint nInputs, Input[] inputs,
int cbSize );

private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
Input[] inputs = new Input[10];

//inputs[0].type = INPUT_KEYBOARD;
inputs[0].wVk = Win32.VK_SPACE;
inputs[0].wScan = 0x39;
//inputs[0].dwFlags = 0;
inputs[0].time = 0;
inputs[0].dwExtra = 0;

//inputs[1].type = INPUT_KEYBOARD;
inputs[1].wVk = Win32.VK_SPACE;
inputs[1].wScan = 0x39;
inputs[1].dwFlags = Win32.KEYEVENTF_KEYUP;
inputs[1].time = 0;
inputs[1].dwExtra = 0;

uint result = Win32.SendInput((uint)inputs.Length, inputs, 20);
}

20 is the size of the input structure.

I removed the KEYBDINPUT structure and put that into the INPUT structure since I dont need HARDWAREINPUT or MOUSEINPUT. When I run my program I get this error:

The parameter is incorrect. ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER .

Anyone know whats wrong with this?

Thanks

[edited by - Zomba on February 20, 2004 11:04:40 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
i''m having the same problem, trying to move the mouse to a position outside the application. i''ll let you know if i figure it out, good luck