Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clearing typed URLs

This topic is 5048 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ive been working on a program on and off that clears all temporary/history files on a windows machine. ive gotten it to clear recent documents links, temporary file, temporary IE files, and IE history. now id like for it to be able to clear the typed in URLs in IE. i think it has something to do with autocomplete because when i clear the autocomplete history manualy all the typed URLs disappear. does anyone know of a way to do this with c/c++? i dont know which win32 function i should be looking for or if it would be a shell kind of thing. any help would be greatly appreciated. Bungo!

quote:
Original post by petewood
what sites have you been visiting?

gamedev.net mostly... *sigh* im sorry if this comes off as mean, but i asked for help not an innuendo (spelling?). if you''re not gonna give a serious reply to a serious thread then please dont bother.

Bungo!

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
TweakUI maybe? It does it all for you...

im actualy looking to create my own program. not use someone elses. i could easily do that but there wouldnt be any learning or fun involved. im doing this because its a good chance to learn lots and in the process create something useful.

Bungo!

The typed urls are stored in the registry, in HKCU\software\microsoft\internet explorer\typedurls

You can use RegOpenKey to open that key (don''t forget to RegCloseKey), use RegEnumValue to find what values that key contains, RegDeleteValue them, and then RegDeleteValue.