Direct3DRMCreate

Started by
5 comments, last by Jok 20 years, 2 months ago
If i use this function in my project what library should i use for it?
Advertisement
Which version of Direct3D are you using?

Plus, Retained Mode is evil.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

You''ll need d3drm.lib and the last version of the DXSDK that shipped with that library was DX7a.

quote:Original post by superpig
Plus, Retained Mode is evil.

Indeed...D3DRM was/is pure eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil

If you need the old SDK/Lib, check out this place. There are probably other places out there (that are in English ), but this was the first I could find.

[edited by - circlesoft on February 20, 2004 8:23:38 PM]
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Thanks
Not only is Retained Mode evil, but it only gets more evil over time. At work we have Retained Mode apps that we have to maintain, and it gets harder and harder. Because Retained Mode hasnt been supported for so long bugs and incompatibilities have crept in and made it virtually unusable for a commercial app (IMO).
quote:Original post by treething At work we have Retained Mode apps that we have to maintain, and it gets harder and harder. Because Retained Mode hasnt been supported for so long bugs and incompatibilities have crept in and made it virtually unusable for a commercial app (IMO).
If they are virtually unusable and such a pain to support, why can''t you just upgrade them? It sounds like it would save you much more time in the long run.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement