addictive little demo

Started by
17 comments, last by rt 20 years, 1 month ago
quote:Original post by FenrirWolf
Maybe, RT, if you just put some visible arrows around the brain that would give a bit more reinforcement to the "Oh, I''ve gotta explore and look around for my levels.

Good work, very well polished there! Is this all OpenGL or Direct3D?

That''s a good idea. We assumed that people would want to click--drag to rotate the brain, but buttons which serve the same purpose would make it even more user friendly.

The game is DirectX 8, created from scratch. The two of us have been working on it on and off for about 16 months. The next task we''d like to tackle is a multi-language system so that people everywhere can enjoy CLONES

Advertisement
oh, talking about multi-language, a good idea would be to support different keyboard language..

My keyboard configuration is ''French Canadian'' and in your game it automaticly switch to english keys.. so I''m always inverting the special characters
quote:Original post by Hedos
oh, talking about multi-language, a good idea would be to support different keyboard language..

My keyboard configuration is ''French Canadian'' and in your game it automaticly switch to english keys.. so I''m always inverting the special characters

That''s a good point. It makes sense to support different keyboard layouts for different languages Have you been able to beat all of the singleplayer levles? Make any new maps?
Alas:

First run, it crashed in the options menu.
Second run, the main menu buttons wouldn''t respond.
Third run, it hung when I started a level.

I like pie.
[sub]My spoon is too big.[/sub]
quote:Original post by rt
That''s a good point. It makes sense to support different keyboard layouts for different languages Have you been able to beat all of the singleplayer levles? Make any new maps?

I did all the missions in one part of the brain and 2 or 3 missions in another part

And no, I haven''t made other maps, I don''t really have the time to do that at the moment..
Well, at least I played a few games with a friend 2 days ago
Why are there never any servers? =(
RenderTarget, does the game crash everytime you enter the options menu from the main menu? Please post (or email rt@tom[nospam]korp.com, remove the [nospam]) the contents of 'client.txt' in the \exe folder after the crash, that will give us some information which might help. In addition please post your system specs too
The main menu buttons sometimes don't respond if the CLONES window loses focus while it's loading up or loading a level. Clicking on some other window or minimizing the clones window usally fixes it.
We've never heard of the game hanging when loading a level, so please post (or email) the contents of both 'client.txt' and 'server.txt' after the crash to us for investigation.
Thank you for reporting the problem you had, and we're sorry for any frustration it may have caused you.

Hedos, do you think the levels on the smaller second brain are too hard? We tried to group all the ultrahard ones together to allow playes to complete the 'easy' path first.

GroZZleR, ah but there are! Check out the game stats page or the recent matches page. There are a handful of players out there, but it seems that instead of creating their own servers they just join the one that is already there and have a 3 or 4 player match. There is also a problem running a server if you are behind a router so that could restrict some people. I run a server most of the day in a seperate window while i do my work so keep trying you're bound to get someone!

[edited by - rt on February 26, 2004 8:03:10 PM]
I''ve tried out the demo and it''s really cool. I like the way that the neurons self-assemble for the brain thingy. Maybe you could add some interesting background for the brain instead of leaving it black? I''ve got a 1.47GHz Duron processor with a Radeon 7500 and the game runs excellent. Good job! I managed to play with someone online and it was a lot of fun. Much better using the mouse instead of the gamepad on Super Nintendo''s version of Lemmings split screen. Can''t wait to play again...cya!
we are currently adding multi-language support, so if anyone can help with translation to french, japanese, or sweedish we would be thankful

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement