C++ vs C#

Started by
3 comments, last by psyho 20 years, 2 months ago
Hi all, I''ve recently decided to learn some windows programming API. I know some basics from books about DirectX and Opengl game programming, but I think that WinApi (or whatever the C style windows programming API is called) is quite hard to use. I''ve learnt MFC quite a while ago (from a really bad book though) so I have general idea what is it for, and how to use it. I''m curently capable of making dialog-based windows applications, but that''s not enough for me. I''ve heard, that making windows programs with C# is much faster, than with Visual C++, and easier too. Is that true? I won''t use it for game programming, but maybe for some kind of editor programming (GUI or maybe world editor). Do you think that C# is better for Windows programming? If yes, which books/ebooks should I buy? Thanks for your interest, Psyho
______________________________Adam 'Psyho' Pohorecki
Advertisement
Don''t mind me - I just couldn''t find my post on the forum, even when I reloaded the site a couple of times :-/
______________________________Adam 'Psyho' Pohorecki
first of all someone lock this thread before it starts a flamewar.
Second if you just want Win32 application programming and you want the easier way, C# is the way to go, but don''t beleive C# is faster, and if you want to use other Os''s/Consoles or make games use C++
This is flame proof:

For Windows applications such as a world editor, C# is the easiest way to go.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the fight that our flag was still there.Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveover the land of the free and the home of the brave?
quote:Original post by PlayGGY
This is flame proof:

For Windows applications such as a world editor, C# is the easiest way to go.
I second that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement