Easy way to make an mmorpg

Started by
8 comments, last by ckob 20 years, 1 month ago
www.mmorpgce.com This is a complete engine for a MMORPG. Save yourself all that work and start with an already made MMORPG engine -- all you need to do is add quest, NPCs and items through our wonderful scripting language and add your own models to make it pretty and you''ve got yourself a MMORPG, so check it out now and if you like it pick up a license to make your own MMORPG today. Demo at anotherlife.no-ip.com MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) creation engine. Made in Blitz Basic, a simple yet powerful programming language (for more info please go to Blitz Basic). Please understand that this is not a complete game but an engine for someone who wants to build an MMORPG but can’t get started or doesn’t have enough network experience. Through time members will get free updates, models, and documentation so as time progresses the engine will turn into a full blown MMORPG. Users who buy a license can use any media or source code in their projects commercial or not. The only thing the user is not to do is to include the model media or source code in any sort of library or bundle. Cost $50.00 for one license which will allow the users the following: · Full documentation *kept up to date* · Full source code · Free updates for source code · All the media models, sprites, textures · Free media updates · Email support · Access to member’s page, forum, and help page · Permission to use all code and media in any software commercial or non commercial.
Programmers-The Worlds best Natural Resource
Advertisement
Learn to use punctuation it really helps people figure out what you''re trying to say in fact it also makes you sound a bit more professional if you care about that.

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

quote:Original post by ZealousElixir
Learn to use punctuation it really helps people figure out what you''re trying to say in fact it also makes you sound a bit more professional if you care about that.

Remove thine own log first...
quote:Original post by OrangyTang
quote:Original post by ZealousElixir

Remove thine own log first...

lol "log"

I think he was conveying a point with his statement.

Anyhow, there is a "buy engine" button, but I see no links to downloads (perhaps an eval?).. did I not look right?
You dont have single product (save a demo) in the field, yet you expect someone to pay a licensing fee?
Nice effort on the engine.

Mojo
www.cgengine.com
VOTE FOR BUSH...FOUR MORE WARS!
> You dont have single product (save a demo) in the field, yet
> you expect someone to pay a licensing fee?

He''s got to start SOMEWHERE. Jeez. I mean come on. There are people here trying to get into the BUSINESS of making games. I''m nop programmer, but I know that it takes a lot of effort and time to get things working right. If he makes money (and he''s not asking for all that much) off this engine, he will have some funds to do more and better stuff. If the engine works, then you get to create your own unique world with it. All for about as much as you might spend for a store-bought game that you may play for one or two months and then turn its CD into a coaster. And if you get to charge players for access and your world is good, then you will be able to more than make back what you spent on the license.

This may be Ckob''s angle on getting into the market. Licensing his MMPORPG engine rather than selling completed games. It would be nice to hear some feedback from people who have tried his engine so we, the community as a whole, will have an idea of how good an investment this is. You know, a review of what the engine lets the user set up as an MMPORPG world.

Ckob:
=====
It would be my advice to offer a free evaluation sample and offer it to a core group of testers here in this community. Let them set up a free world to get feedback. Work with them on this so you can take their feedback and use it to improve your engine. Of course, this would would need to be small with a small limit of players. Something like a town, some wild lands, a dungeon and such. Just enough where players can test out the features and report back their opinion of how they would feel about them in a full-blown pay to play MMPORPG. You invite the people into the core group, so you''ll know who''s doing what.

If there is a flow of feedback on the working product, and if that feedback is consistantly good, then you can use that as a marketing tool. Nothing like word-of-mouth to really turn people on to a product. Or off of it.

Listen carefully to feedback, even the ranty kind. Just don''t get into a flame war with people and it will go good.

Best of luck. and God bless...

In Christ,
G. B. Jackson
In Christ,G. B. Jackson
quote:
I''m nop programmer,

So your opinion about a game engine holds what value? None?

This project should more appropriately be named a ''mmog'' as I doubt the server written in blitzbasic will scale to thousands of players in multiple domains.
If you will have READ my post instead of apparently stopping at the one little statement that gives you an excuse to flame me, you would have seen where I try to encourage him to select a group of testers from THIS community who would be able to offer qualified feedback on the product''s quality which would help him improve it so that his customers get the biggest bang for their buck.

My whole argument is that he has to start making money somewhere. and the opportunity to license a MMPORPG engine for only $50 isn''t too bad. It''s not like you would be out all THAT much money if it doesn''t work. I''ve bought games that look awesome for that amount and when I play them, they just don''t make the grade and end up being uninstalled.

And if you ARE a programmer, having access to the source code which you can adapt yourself means that if you don''t like something about the engine''s innitial setup, you can fix it.

Oh, and by the way, not being a programmer does NOT invalidated someone''s opinion here. I don''t see a "Game Programmers Only" label on these forums. Until that happens, it would be a good thing if the so-called "elite" among us would take a chill pill.

In Christ,
G. B. Jackson
In Christ,G. B. Jackson
He's a part of a group that actually made something, and if you don't want to pay for a licensing fee, then it takes very little quantum physics to figure out that if you don't want to pay for it, then don't buy it. I say keep up the good work.

EDIT:
I was originally thinking that they wouldn't be able to get anything for it, but if the licensing fee is really only 50 bucks, then I think that the engine is pretty reasonable for someone that wants to make a game. The screenshots definitely looked very nice.

[edited by - Shadow12345 on February 22, 2004 6:43:38 PM]

[edited by - Shadow12345 on February 22, 2004 6:44:42 PM]

[edited by - Shadow12345 on February 22, 2004 6:45:05 PM]
Why don't alcoholics make good calculus teachers?Because they don't know their limits!Oh come on, Newton wasn't THAT smart...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement