Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with Dev-C++ SDL

This topic is 5046 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve started learning about SDL with this tutorial: http://wwwesip.campus.univ-poitiers.fr/enseignement/algo/DOCS/TUTORIAL_SDL/GFXwithSDLPart1.pdf When I run the full code at the end of this tutorial there are no compiler errors, but I get many linker errors, most saying "undefined reference to" and then a function, like SDL_LockSurface or SDL_MapRGP. The only one that is different is "Warning: no export definition file provided; dllwrap will create one, but it may not be what you want". My code is exactly as it is in the tutorial, and I did the thing it said to do at the beginning where you put "-Imingw32 -ISDLmain -ISDL" in the Further object files or linker options box of the Project Options. I have put SDL.dll in both the system and the system32 folders. Can anyone tell me what these errors mean and what causes them, and perhaps point me to a few more good tutorials? I am using Dev-C++ 4 on Windows XP Pro. Thanks!

I''m pretty sure that it shouldn''t be: "-Imingw32 -ISDLmain -ISDL", but instead: "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" (lowercase L''s instead of capital I''s).

Thanks...that did it. Those I''s and l''s will be the death of me yet (that''s not the first time I''ve confused the identical-in-Arial cap. I and lowercase l)