Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ugh, DINPUT mouse...

This topic is 5047 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, im implementing mouse in dinput, but... i hit a "bump", msdn doesnt specify WHICH BYTE CORRESPONDS TO WHICH BUTTON!!! Any idea what they are? im goign to search theyre key enumeration in hopes taht its covered there... but well see, but anyways if anyone knows thatd be great found this: "typedef enum { DIMOFS_BUTTON0, DIMOFS_BUTTON1, DIMOFS_BUTTON2, DIMOFS_BUTTON3, DIMOFS_BUTTON4, DIMOFS_BUTTON5, DIMOFS_BUTTON6, DIMOFS_BUTTON7, DIMOFS_X, DIMOFS_Y, DIMOFS_Z } Mouse Device; Constants DIMOFS_BUTTON0 DIMOFS_BUTTON1 DIMOFS_BUTTON2 DIMOFS_BUTTON3 " thanks microsoft... helps a ton... [edited by - Ademan555 on February 21, 2004 2:47:26 AM]

It is on MSDN, and in fact it appears I'm wrong. My wrapper used button0 for left and I assumed DirectInput did, but actually Button0 is right and Button1 is left... according to the comments on this MSDN tutorial.

EDIT: Actually my code is totally different from this... I guess DirectX9 does input much differently. Apparently my code uses the DirectX5 version of DirectInput, and in it, rgbButtons[0] is the left button, [1] is right, etc.

~CGameProgrammer( );

Screenshots of your games or desktop captures -- Post screenshots of your projects. There's already 134 screenshot posts.

[edited by - CGameProgrammer on February 21, 2004 12:42:31 PM]