Ugh, DINPUT mouse...

Started by
5 comments, last by Ademan555 20 years, 2 months ago
Ok, im implementing mouse in dinput, but... i hit a "bump", msdn doesnt specify WHICH BYTE CORRESPONDS TO WHICH BUTTON!!! Any idea what they are? im goign to search theyre key enumeration in hopes taht its covered there... but well see, but anyways if anyone knows thatd be great found this: "typedef enum { DIMOFS_BUTTON0, DIMOFS_BUTTON1, DIMOFS_BUTTON2, DIMOFS_BUTTON3, DIMOFS_BUTTON4, DIMOFS_BUTTON5, DIMOFS_BUTTON6, DIMOFS_BUTTON7, DIMOFS_X, DIMOFS_Y, DIMOFS_Z } Mouse Device; Constants DIMOFS_BUTTON0 DIMOFS_BUTTON1 DIMOFS_BUTTON2 DIMOFS_BUTTON3 " thanks microsoft... helps a ton... [edited by - Ademan555 on February 21, 2004 2:47:26 AM]
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Advertisement
Uh, there''s documentation all over the place. Button0 is left, Button1 is right, Button2 is middle.

~CGameProgrammer( );

Screenshots of your games or desktop captures -- Post screenshots of your projects. There''s already 134 screenshot posts.
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
Thanx, i guess i kinda just expected microsoft to have it, tahts all...
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
I''m sure they do; it would be on MSDN.

~CGameProgrammer( );

Screenshots of your games or desktop captures -- Post screenshots of your projects. There''s already 134 screenshot posts.
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
quoteing my original post "msdn doesnt specify WHICH BYTE CORRESPONDS TO WHICH BUTTON!!! "

i did search msdn, thats where i got the enumeration.....
It is on MSDN, and in fact it appears I'm wrong. My wrapper used button0 for left and I assumed DirectInput did, but actually Button0 is right and Button1 is left... according to the comments on this MSDN tutorial.

EDIT: Actually my code is totally different from this... I guess DirectX9 does input much differently. Apparently my code uses the DirectX5 version of DirectInput, and in it, rgbButtons[0] is the left button, [1] is right, etc.

~CGameProgrammer( );

Screenshots of your games or desktop captures -- Post screenshots of your projects. There's already 134 screenshot posts.

[edited by - CGameProgrammer on February 21, 2004 12:42:31 PM]
Oh, ur right, thanx... i guess i should look at the tutorials too, ive never done that before, i only look at the reference... guess i know better now, thanx again

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement