Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Springs with Open Dynamic Engine

This topic is 5046 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I have to do a Spring based graph visualization algorithm. The problem is that I dont know what kind of joint to use and where to position it... For instance this is the algorithm more or less: BEGIN Place randomly the nodes of the graph in the world. Assign values based on actual node information - Lenght of the spring - Mass of the body - Damping (constant) Set the joints between connected nodes. (actually this is what I need to know how to do) Several nodes can be connected to a node. While ( the graph is not in a stable configuration ) do - Apply forces from the springs. - Integrator step - Render result END I need the objects to be able to move arround between each timestep to make the graph find a stable configuration. That would change the angle of the connection object, so I dont think I can use a slider (am I wrong). Sorry in advance, as this is not for game use, however we are going to use ODE in an open source game that we are doing so I will have to do this question anyways in some time. Thanks in advance. Greetings Red Knight