Why does this work

Started by
10 comments, last by Atthestart 20 years, 1 month ago
(so called 1-st AP)

Yes, the DX documentation says that, but it refers to the following triangle strip:

2   4   6---------|   |   |---------1   3   5In this case, as the documentation says, the sequence is 1-2-3-4-5-6====================================================SORRY, but ...the correct sequence is 123 243 ...but my point was that every second triangle is drawn in different direction, and no "culling flags".. but you can imagine it as the culling flag...Atthestart, however, was using the following triangle strip (as you can see in its own post):   1   2   3---------|   |   |---------4   5   6

You can see he''s calling "4" to the vertex the documentation calls "1", he calls "1" to the vertex the documentation calls "2", etc. So, using the same sequence, it becomes 4-1-5-2-6-3

===
so, it''s 4-1-5 1-2-5

I agree that it''s very easy to confuse but my point was that every second triangle is drawn in swapped direction. And whoever said it" culling flags" - liar.
==

To the first AP:

I won''t, however, consent you to say I''m "lying", while you just copypaste a piece of the documentation without even realizing if it''s useful for the guy who is asking.

That said, I hope this helped clarifying everything.

==
OK you clarified it, but i can say that you are still lying ... AGAIN. So please dont lie.

But i can use another term if you dont like it. It''s not intended to sound too harsh, just a fact.
Advertisement
Question answered. Thread closed.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement