Console Sucks For Graphics! Help?

Started by
2 comments, last by xdanillumx 20 years, 1 month ago
I am writing I a clone of an old nintendo game called "1942". Anyone remember it? Well, you control a plane and you shoot down other planes and the game scrolls up. Meaning that you are at the bottom of the screen and you continually go up while the map scrolls under you. Unfortunately with console there is a flicker every time the map is redrawn. How do I mess with the frame rate so that I reduce this problem. I am usin MS Visual C++.net 2003 on a machine running Windows XP Pro. Is it even possible? Thanks for any help... Dan...
Dan...
Advertisement
Google for "double buffering" and you''ll be set.

You probably need to use an API such as OpenGL, DirectDraw or Direct3D to enable double buffering; GDI doesn''t really provide it if that''s what you''re using.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Cool, thanks for the help. I was trying to do it w/o using any API''s yet, but I''ll research it anyways. Thanks...

Dan...
Dan...
This is a great tutorial that will help you getting graphics posted on the screen:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1838.asp

It uses directDraw and will help you concentrate on your game and get things displayed on the screen, rather than having to worry about how they get displayed on the screen. You can read up on that later.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement