Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can't put color on a sphere ! duh !

This topic is 5043 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I use the following to draw a sphere. //save the current color glPushAttrib(GL_CURRENT_BIT); glPushMatrix(); glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glTranslatef(MAP_X*MAP_SCALE*0.5, 200.0, 50.0); glColor3f(0.3f, 0.3f, 0.3f); gluSphere(g_Sun, 15.0, 60, 80); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glPopMatrix(); glPopAttrib(); It draws correctly and in the right place - but it''s always what looks like white in color. I''ve tried changing the glColor3f call to every values I can think of but still the color is white. There''s obviously something stupid going on and normally the colors are as I want them !! So what am I doing wrong ? cheers

quote:
Original post by cmptrgear
or

glDisable(GL_LIGHTING);
glEnable(GL_LIGHTING);

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, drown a man in the water and the fish will eat for a week!

But then the sphere won''t be shaded, and I really don''t think the OP wants that...

"Unfortunatly, when I sent the email, instead of writing "Best Regards" I ended up writing "Best Retards." - boolean