Changing the resolution?

Started by
5 comments, last by sirSolarius 20 years, 1 month ago
I want to allow the user to select a screen resolution, and then I want to set the window to that resolution. I''ve tried searching, but I''m still confused... how is this done?
Advertisement
check nehe

/eirikhm
"may the source be with you"
aye, look at NeHe''s base code, it can do windowed and fullscreen mode (which i guess is what you are after)

Setting the screen/window sizes isnt down to opengl, its upto the window manager for the platform to do (assuming you are on windows that would be the win32 api, or if you want to make your life easier something like freeglut or sdl)
quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
aye, look at NeHe''s base code, it can do windowed and fullscreen mode (which i guess is what you are after)

It''s not an issue of windowed/fullscreen mode, but rather windowed/fullscreen at 600x800x16/600x800x32/1024x768x32.... etc.

I can resize the window, but I don''t know how to change the actual pixel resolution.

I''m in Windows, btw.
NEHE'S DIALOG CODE LETS YOU CHOOSE THE RESOLUTION AND BPP!<<<<<

[edited by - DerAngeD on February 21, 2004 5:38:58 PM]
Some more information to check out (I don't know if you already tried searching the forums):

My thread asking the same question

This one seems to work

[edited by - rick_appleton on February 22, 2004 5:54:54 AM]
by the way, do you use the libSDL, glut or windows own interface?

our new version has many new and good features. sadly, the good ones are not new and the new ones are not good

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement