Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP!!! Regarding xmath.h!

This topic is 5045 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, Short and sweet: I''m overriding sprintf, for my string class. You know, we''re all dying to do myString.format("%s is cool",myName); and have it dynamically allocate enough space. Well, I''ve got a book with source code to sprintf in it. Problem is, it references a function called _LDunscale. A quick search turned up _LDunscale in xmath.h. By including that file, I get no compiler errors, when I say std::_LDunscale(whatever,whatever). But at LINK time, it tells me that it''s an unresolved external. I have been *WRACKING* my brain and my computer, and this damned internet for an hour now, trying to find any information on this function, and I can''t. Does anyone know if there''s some bizarre auxiliary library or something that you need to link in in order to use the std::xmath function? Thanks in advance!

I''m guessing you''re using a MSVC version. In that case, the functions in xmath.h are internal CRT functions and shouldn''t be used by functions not inside the C runtime library. In any case, why not just use the _vsnprintf() function (or one of its relatives) for your functionality?