Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why is this forum dead??

This topic is 5040 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

SDL is so great. how come more people dont use it? why isnt this forum filled with questions and answers?? why isnt there that much info available for SDL? its so easy to use and powerfull, you would think more people would use it. especially the openGL access it gives, not to mention its sound and networking capabilities, i just dont understand!!!! i love SDL why doesnt everyone else?? are they all slaves of billy boy?

quote:
Original post by graveyard filla
SDL is so great. how come more people dont use it? why isnt this forum filled with questions and answers?? why isnt there that much info available for SDL? its so easy to use and powerfull, you would think more people would use it. especially the openGL access it gives, not to mention its sound and networking capabilities, i just dont understand!!!! i love SDL why doesnt everyone else?? are they all slaves of billy boy?

usually to make little programs i use C + SDL ( and if 3d in needed + opengl ) .

i really love this api and im of your same advice .

I think its because a lot of people use 3d, and if they are using sdl its for audio and input. Which this stuff isnt hard to use at all, thats why you wont get many questions. I see questions about 2d programming but api isnt an issue. Its more like how do you do this in 2d.