Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Managed DirectX Tutorials

This topic is 5023 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I just put up a few articles to start a series I am doing entitled "Writing A 2D Game With Managed DirectX". They are the first articles I have ever written and would love some feedback here in the forum from you all. You can find the articles at my blog here ------------------------------------------------ Helping five ounce birds carry one pound coconuts....... one Swallow at a time.

Sorry to revive this old topic. I have updated the articles. There are now 6 parts available, covering the command architecture, the game console, and the keyboard handlers. Feedback Welcome! Thanks!

quote:
Original post by Troj
Just had a quick look through, looks good and I''ve bookmarked it for a thorough read

Cheers!

Thanks Troj, I''m trying. They are my first tutorials so I am still trying to find my writing style (which I''m sure will take a long time).

quote:

I think the way singletons can be implemented with c# is like 100x nicer than with c++

I agree. The only issue I don''t like is that when singletons are implemented in C++ with a GetInstance() function, it is really easy to tell when the class is actually constructed (the first time it''s used). With the C# way that I did it, it''s hard to tell at first glance (for someone new to the code) to find any kind of "construction order" of the various singeltons in the application. I don''t know, with compiler optimizations, it might be impossible to tell in which order your singletons will be constructed.

----------------------------------------------------------
Helping five ounce birds carry one pound coconuts.......
one Swallow at a time.