Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Business Sims????????????

This topic is 5042 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone know of any decent guides or tutorials for developing one. also what would be the most sutible 3d engine and/or features to look for in a 3d engine that would most suit this style of game..... cheers

ya, I don''t really see why a buisness sim would need a 3d engine. In fact if you wanted a highly detailed realistic Buisness sim your better off going with spread sheets.

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I''m a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

quote:
"Business Sims", as you label them, are probably better with a sprite-/tile-based engine.

depends on the game. Monopoly tycoon was great in 3D. I think it might have lost some of it''s appeal had it been plain 2d. But yeah, a lot of games go 3d when there is zero need for it. Never go 3d "just because" - always determine why a game would need a 3D engine. If there''s no reason why, then go 2d.

i need it to be in 3d due to the fact that there is going to be a number of dynamic lighting effects with an option to go into a number of different viewing positions that have 3d models..... please can someone recomend an engine for this ..... thanks

yes yes nice one mate heres the link for anyone else thats interested

http://www.savefree-aft.4t.com/index.html

anyone know any projects that have been created in this and if so have you got links to them

Guest Anonymous Poster
This is werewolve_hunter. I don''t feel like going to inbox to get my password so here is my post.

Blizzard got FreeCraft shut down because they got it confused with WarCraft and StarCraft and it uses many features from WarCraft 2.