Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Making Movies from JPEG's

This topic is 5040 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If they are in JPEG (ick, lossy format) first use something to convert to BMP (irfanview is free and can do batch conversions like that). Then use VirtualDub (free again), select the first bitmap (they are numbered I assume) and choose framerate/audiotrack/compression method and encode to AVI.

Thanks that's a great help. The images were rendered using the native ratracer in max and the jpegs were saved at 100% quality.
It was my first attempt at a very high detail raytraced movie.

Do you know which Anti-Aliasing filter gives the "best" ( more photorealistic ) results ? I used a video filter, which uses a 25 pixel blurring filter optimised for PAL and NTSC applications.

( unfortunately it's about 425 Mb's in size :S )

[edited by - ray_intellect on February 22, 2004 11:11:59 PM]

The framerate is quite low too - it might be a case of coding something in DirectX, using a D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM flag for texture creation - and then using a cycle to load the images while displaying current frames. I am not sure because I have never tried anything of the sort.