Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hrm... Something strange about my keyboard or comp...

This topic is 5047 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been trying to solve a problem all day with my directinput object I made and I came accross the discovery that not ANY of the direct input related things work for me not even the samples... yet I play games with direct input anyone got any idea what the heck would cause this? None of the directinput examples work and I find that very strange. [edited by - DevLiquidKnight on February 22, 2004 11:11:09 PM]

Are you sure that you have the correct libraries?
Normal games and such are going to use the redistributable versions of the libraries and they will self install if you don''t have them. Are you certain that you have the correct SDK installed?

Webby

The directx diagnostic tool is telling me problem last time it was accessed and asks me if i want to bypass it at this time. Said the same about direct3d but that seems to have gone away now it is just aruging about directinput. It says i have DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902) but yet the thing wont stop complaing about directinput it must be totally messed up. When I click yes to bypass it I can view the current input devices it detects NO INPUT devices.. which is strange too but maybe thats cuz i bypassed it but it wont let me view it if i dont bypass it.

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on February 22, 2004 11:49:21 PM]