Personality and Programming

Started by
82 comments, last by Qw3r7yU10p! 20 years, 1 month ago
I know this could very easily go in the lounge and disappear but I am genuinely interested as to what type of character you are as a programmer. I''ve been reading a book about the Enneagram type system which to my understanding represents a continuum of psychological types which can develop and interact with other types in particular ways. I''ve identified myself as type 5. There are a number of tests you can take on the internet. A good one (in my opinion) is here and there are a few others here. I''d love to know what everyone comes out as. This is not the same as a horoscope which tells you what you should be based upon the random position of stars. The enneagram allows you to identify yourself with traits and to say "I''m just like that" or "I''m not really like that". I''m sure people could start a discussion about the finer details of horoscopes but if you could do that in your own thread I''d appreciate it. Thanks. Pete
Advertisement
Type 7 - and it''s true that I really enjoy pleasure.

Victor Nicollet, INT13 game programmer

Type 5 here too. With a 5w4 if I take wings into account. Which I don''t htink I will because they were never that good to start with...
------------------------------------------[New Delta Games] | [Sliders]
5w4 (or 4w5) I suspect there''ll be a lot of fives on these boards.
Type 8, 8w9 taking "wings" into account. Didn''t read all the types, but did read 8 and damn it if that isn''t me.

--
Dave Mikesell Software
For me, it gaved a 6w5, whatever that means... I havent read the results yet. Will do that when i get home.
shockingly, a 5 / 5w4, 5 certainly fitting my general away of doing things
5w6 - I am perfectionistic, place high demands on other people, but also introverted and coldly intellectual

Some of those questions are so dead on that I don''t know what to do with myself.

This hits very close to home. Good find.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
I''m pretty much the Best kind. I rule at everything.
5w4. I think that test was better than most.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement