Game settings ??

Started by
2 comments, last by umarfm13 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi ! I wanted to design a game engine and i want to provide the facility of congiguring the game settings of a particular game at an abstract level, to the game developer. Can anybody guide me at what level of an engine are these game settings handled ??? and what sort of classes would i need for that Regards, Umar
Advertisement
Are you looking for a programmer''s stand point or you want to make a Game engine for people that don''t program?
I don’t think you will get much out from existing engines and you have to think it out.

Leave your email if you want to talk about it in more detail about options and interface. If you are looking for help from people to assist you try asking in the help wanted.

Freedom for a barbarian is to want to see violence. To glorify and show violence to a civilized person is to take away their freedom. Ela Reenie etho na Yelas "Profanity is for those who lack intelligence and imagination to otherwise express them selves." "You are what you repeatedly do; Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle
***Power without perception is useless, which you have the power but can you perceive?"All behavior consists of opposites. Learn to see backward, inside out and upside down."-Lao Tzu,Tao Te Ching Fem Nuts Doom OCR TS Pix mc NRO . .
Hi !

Well i want to design a game engine for people who program, this engine is just the same as anyother engine but i m doing it for mobile games. I wanted to know that at what level of an engine, in general, are the game settings handled?? My email is "umarminhas@yahoo.com".

Regards,
Umar
for a mobile phone this will be tough, as the concept of a reasonable file system do not usualy apply. I would probably store the configurable settings in a binary style and attach it to the midp applet if at all possable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement