3-d Isometric Resources?

Started by
0 comments, last by Grey_Havoc 20 years, 1 month ago
I''ve been working on a final fantasy tactics -ish type game for awhile but I can''t seem to find any resources on 3-d isometric programming and modelling. Does anyone know of a good link that can help me? What I''m looking for is something that can help me design and implement a 3-d isometric level or board.(not characters, they are 2-d) I''ve attempted to do this in MilkShape3d but its just not working the way I want it to. Maybe someone out there has already solved my problem. Thanks for your time --Grey_Havoc
http://www.brandonbarnes.us
Advertisement
I was hoping to design a 3d-isometric game like tactics as well (except, not a strategy game...), there are plenty of 2d sites that deal with height maps, but one of the difficulties with a game like tactics is that the levels aren''t simply height maps, they''re fully-rendered 3d models with 2D sprites added on.
Essentially, all you have in that case is just a 3D view with the camera angle always set to provide isometric view. That''s essentially what you see in a game like simcity 4 as well; according to the designers of SC 4, the game is completely 3D, but they restricted the views to save on memory.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement