• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dave768k

mesh has "holes" at it`s sides

This topic is 5323 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I got a problem when rendering a mesh. I exported it to the x-file format, and then loaded it, but it isn`t displayed correctly. all other meshes seem to be ok. It looks like this:

But when I load it in the DirectX MeshViewer, it is displayed correctly.

has anybody an idea why such things can occure? thx

Advertisement
my guess is your rendering it as a triangle list... taht usually makes for breaks in it like that... between the polygons... of course i never thought it would show up untill youd done quite a bit of rotation and translation and such, but apparently not :-D yeah i think thats probably why
edit: didnt tell you what to do instead lol, use a) indexed traingle lists (preffered in my view) b) triangle fans or strips

[edited by - Ademan555 on February 26, 2004 6:58:08 PM]

You also may want to check your polygon culling--are you culling clockwise or counter-clockwise? The reason I say this is because it looks like your model is somewhat inside-out. If you''re culling the wrong way, then your front faces will not be rendered and your back faces will show. That may be what''s causing this problem.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!