mesh has "holes" at it`s sides

Started by
2 comments, last by dave768k 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I got a problem when rendering a mesh. I exported it to the x-file format, and then loaded it, but it isn`t displayed correctly. all other meshes seem to be ok. It looks like this:

But when I load it in the DirectX MeshViewer, it is displayed correctly.

has anybody an idea why such things can occure? thx
Advertisement
my guess is your rendering it as a triangle list... taht usually makes for breaks in it like that... between the polygons... of course i never thought it would show up untill youd done quite a bit of rotation and translation and such, but apparently not :-D yeah i think thats probably why
edit: didnt tell you what to do instead lol, use a) indexed traingle lists (preffered in my view) b) triangle fans or strips

[edited by - Ademan555 on February 26, 2004 6:58:08 PM]
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
It looks like a fault in the Z-Buffer. What kind of application
are you using? Did you initialize Direct3D yourself or
did you use the SDK?
You also may want to check your polygon culling--are you culling clockwise or counter-clockwise? The reason I say this is because it looks like your model is somewhat inside-out. If you''re culling the wrong way, then your front faces will not be rendered and your back faces will show. That may be what''s causing this problem.
I am always open to feedback, positive or negative...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement