• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miket

Directx 9 Spirit class

This topic is 5321 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got a question about using the spirit class to load a 2D hex map and 2D game pieces. Either it is really simple or I miss understand it completly. The way I understand it you can load tiles and pieces using the spirit as the class. For example in direct draw I used to have a unit class and in that class I would have a pointer to the tile graphic but with the spirit class I would have my unit info in a spirit class object. Am I reading that right? And one more question I understand when you do 2d with direct3d you do not include a depth value since it is 3d but for a tile map would you need to have a depth value to hold pieces on top of the tile?

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!