(C++) Multi Program Interaction

Started by
3 comments, last by SuperCableMan 20 years, 1 month ago
Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to make two programs interact (in C++)? (w/o using sockets etc.) For Example: Writing a C++ program to fill out a form online. (Bad example, but along those lines thanks) "Arguing on the Internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, in the end, you''''re still retarded"
"Arguing on the Internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, in the end, you''re still retarded"
Advertisement
Do you mean two programas that you''ve written, or one program you''ve written, and one you haven''t?

In the second case, the best way to do it is via window messages. I wrote an MSN bot by doing that (Although now the MSN window seems to be one window, so i can''t get the history window or the message window )
If you''re doing that, look into FindWindowEx() and those sort of functions.
I guess an MSN bot would be a slight example? Its just basically to KNOW, but i''m sure i''ll code something up to teach myself.

Are there anyways other then FindWindowEx()?

Any good tutorials?
"Arguing on the Internet is like winning in the Special Olympics, in the end, you''re still retarded"
quote:Original post by Evil Steve
Do you mean two programas that you''ve written, or one program you''ve written, and one you haven''t?

In the second case, the best way to do it is via window messages. I wrote an MSN bot by doing that (Although now the MSN window seems to be one window, so i can''t get the history window or the message window )
If you''re doing that, look into FindWindowEx() and those sort of functions.

OT: Oh god, you invented the MSN spam bot? You ARE evil.
quote:Original post by MaulingMonkey
OT: Oh god, you invented the MSN spam bot? You ARE evil.

Also OT: Nah, i plugged an Eliza AI into it and let it natter away. That was fairly amusing...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement