• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevLiquidKnight

My Cat And Mouse Like Clone

This topic is 5222 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You know that cat and mouse game they had on like win95 or something this is a small clone im working on its no where near done but hey.. if you wanna take a small peak... feel free to its coded in c++ with direct3d copy and paste this: (expect downtimes...) http://www.geocities.com/zerglingunderground/2DDirect3D.zip

Advertisement
I moved so quickly that I can''t even take turns, unless it''s supposed to be like that.

multiply the movement by the time delta.

Yea ill fix that its just like that now cuz im debugging and haven't bothered to fix it in a sec ima reupload sense i got the block pushing kinda working

EDIT:

Well i uploaded the version with the push block ablity thingy.. so yea.. its still fast though

EDIT:

A new update.. now should work slower with movement, and i added in cats that cant kill you but they are there even though they arent very smart.. but hey they work.

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on February 26, 2004 11:15:53 PM]

As soon as I read the topic I got flash backs of that game!

I played that for such a long time, the on I only remember was with the big block of cheese in a purple house, I remember purple! Anyway I shall try your game.
EDIT: Ok I was thinking of another game, I bet it was a dos game! the cats move really fast but I was able to trap all the pussies

[edited by - Dalik on February 27, 2004 5:45:39 AM]

Yea, today im gonna add in the cheese you go and get.. and then make some algorithm that checks if the cat is trapped and if all the cats are trapped you go to next level, I also gotta add in some other things like I think there was mouse traps... and mouse holes.. I forget exactly maybe I can find the game on the net somewhere and find out.. though my game isn't exactly the same as that game but hey it works

I think its a good idea I don't think ive see anyone else make a game after it. So it will be a unique idea kinda.. The cats yes.. there AI needs some major improvement they currently are acting like birds almost... They tend to be quite to fast, not to mention quite to smart(well at least they find you to fast). I plan to improve that too so yea

I forget the "exact" name of the game.. it was a simple lil game they had in win95 or 98. By chance what game were you thinking of do you know? >.< any url?

This is the game I am kinda trying to make:

Just incase you guys have hard time remembering....

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on February 27, 2004 1:20:38 PM]
Dalik, I think I remember that game too! Was it called Alleycats? You had to swim in a giant fish bowl in one level. And I do remember a purple house as well. Also it seemed like brooms were always chasing you.

yea
ill fix that evil nullspace >.< just haven't got around to it
EDIT:
There updated it re-uploaded it as same url.. as above now. the AI is a-lot smarter removed the transparency map so the monsters look like just monsters and not weird colored squares. also touched up the graphics alot.. Implemented the users score, and made it so cats die and you can die.. so yea.. it is almost a game now. hope someone trys it.

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on February 28, 2004 8:59:01 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!