• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gfaraj

DirectMusic on the Xbox...

This topic is 5228 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m having trouble making DirectMusic work on the Xbox. I''m linking dmusic.lib and creating the interface this way: if (FAILED(hr = DirectMusicCreateInstance(CLSID_DirectMusicLoader, 0, IID_IDirectMusicLoader8, (void**)&BEGlobalDMusicLoader8))) return hr; When this line executes, the app closes. Initializing DirectSound has no problems. Any ideas? Thanks.

Advertisement
Ok, last question. I am having trouble creating a 3D audio path. It just gets stuck when I call CreateStandardAudioPath...

I initiate the performance this way:

if (BE_FAILED(hr = BEGlobalDMusicPerf8->InitAudioX(DMUS_APATH_SHARED_STEREOPLUSREVERB,
64, 0, 0)))
return hr;

and create the path this way:

if (BE_FAILED(hr = BEGlobalDMusicPerf8->CreateStandardAudioPath(DMUS_APATH_DYNAMIC_3D,
64, TRUE, &fAudioPath)))
return hr;

It just gets stuck. I am positive that when calling THIS line, it freezes.

Is anything wrong on how I call InitAudioX ? I tried setting DMUS_AUDIOF_ALL for the flags, but it seems not to exist on the xbox headers. The XDK does not say which flags to use (just one, that doesnt seem to interest me).

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!