• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elandsong

About d3dx9d.dll

This topic is 5223 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

There is a dll named d3dx9d.dll in the path C:\WINNT\system32 after I installed the DirectX9 SDK. What is the function of it? I am care about it? Thanks !

Advertisement
I used some functions declared in d3dx9****.h in my Direct3D program, then I must link the d3dx9.lib.
It''s a static library.
I want my program call them from dynamic link library(dll), but they were linked staticly before running.
There is not a dll relate with the d3dx9.lib, why?
Whether the d3dx9d.dll can be used and Is there any way to call the functions from dll?

Thank you.

quote:
Original post by Elandsong
I used some functions declared in d3dx9****.h in my Direct3D program, then I must link the d3dx9.lib.
It''s a static library.
I want my program call them from dynamic link library(dll), but they were linked staticly before running.
There is not a dll relate with the d3dx9.lib, why?
Whether the d3dx9d.dll can be used and Is there any way to call the functions from dll?Thank you.

In release builds, d3dx is linked statically. In debug builds, it uses the DLL instead.

Muhammad Haggag

quote:

By the way, including a header of a d3dx subset (e.g. d3dx9math.h) will still include d3dx.h, just in case you didn''t know that (and thought that it''d be faster or whatever).

It might be useful to explicitly say what the code requires from the d3dx library.

Muhammad Haggag

quote:
There is a dll named d3dx9d.dll in the path C:\WINNT\system32 after I installed the DirectX9 SDK.
What is the function of it?
I am care about it?

Thanks !

There are 3 d3dx libraries:

d3dx9.lib <-- Retail, statically linked
d3dx9dt.lib <-- Debug, statically linked
d3dx9d.dll <-- debug, import lib for d3dx9d.dll

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!