• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bagpuss

VS .Net Macros

This topic is 5325 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

using VS .net 2003, I have a load of data that has been supplied to me as a text file. The data is a large number of records that I want to convert into a different format, and output to a bin file (a one off operation) I have created a macro to do almost all of it, but I want to add some additional information to each record. How do I add make a macro string object = some data I have copied, then when I have manipulated this string with my macro, add it to my formatted data on my Cpp page ? (It''s probably not the best way, but I am grabbing each line, re formatting it and outputting it as a series of *fs << myData; lines in my code (stupidly I assumed that macros might be easier than writing a one off program to input the data from one file, convert it, and then output it but now I have this problem I want to sort it ! Cheers

Advertisement
Yup, I can record cut, paste, select etc. I can have all my text in one doc, and select, switch docs etc, but I need to format the text (add ", etc) and then output the text (currently this is in a string object to my program file

Bp

OK, some progress (I finally found the examples macro''s, and can see most of what I need to do)

2 problems I have now are formatting ones.

In the example macros they use CStr(Lf) and CStr(Tab) to format their output

When I try this, I get errors that state that Lf and Tab are not defined, but as far as I can see I am including all the apropriate libs that the examples do

Any ideas ?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!