VS .Net Macros

Started by
2 comments, last by Bagpuss 20 years, 1 month ago
using VS .net 2003, I have a load of data that has been supplied to me as a text file. The data is a large number of records that I want to convert into a different format, and output to a bin file (a one off operation) I have created a macro to do almost all of it, but I want to add some additional information to each record. How do I add make a macro string object = some data I have copied, then when I have manipulated this string with my macro, add it to my formatted data on my Cpp page ? (It''s probably not the best way, but I am grabbing each line, re formatting it and outputting it as a series of *fs << myData; lines in my code (stupidly I assumed that macros might be easier than writing a one off program to input the data from one file, convert it, and then output it but now I have this problem I want to sort it ! Cheers
Advertisement
What is the problem, exactly? Inserting text into the open document?

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Yup, I can record cut, paste, select etc. I can have all my text in one doc, and select, switch docs etc, but I need to format the text (add ", etc) and then output the text (currently this is in a string object to my program file

Bp
OK, some progress (I finally found the examples macro''s, and can see most of what I need to do)

2 problems I have now are formatting ones.

In the example macros they use CStr(Lf) and CStr(Tab) to format their output

When I try this, I get errors that state that Lf and Tab are not defined, but as far as I can see I am including all the apropriate libs that the examples do

Any ideas ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement