• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OpenGL_Guru

glSlang on ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

This topic is 5321 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i downloaded and installed the latest Catalyst Driver 4.1 yesterday -- does glSlang come with this install? or is it only for previous 3.x Catalyst Drivers? thanks!

Advertisement
First: The latest Catalyst Driver is 4.2! :-)

Yes, GLslang is avaiable as a number of extensions so you don''t need any other tools or compilers, ...
GLslang consists of the following 4 extensions: ARB_shader_objects, ARB_vertex_shader, ARB_fragment_shader and ARB_shading_language_100
ATI supports GLslang since Catalyst 3.10

--------------------------------------------------------

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened...

about 4.2 lol yes i found this out yesterday.. the VERY NEXT DAY! man i hope in the future this doesnt happen.. can you imagine downloading a driver everyday for life?? lol for EVERY piece of hardware?

i wonder how come i cannot run some demos from the Creative Contest? i wanted to check out that Cube demo, which looks awesome but it wont run.. is there anything i can do?

The cube demo is mine... :-)
What problems do you have? I tested this demo with Catalyst 4.2 on a Radeoan 9800 Pro and it works. Have you already downloaded the devil library (http://openil.sourceforge.net/)?

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

yes i have devil.dll and it comes with ur zip anyway..so thats all good.. and..i looked at the log files and everything intialized.

the window opens when i run it and says "Loading Please Wait.." and then the window just closes.. no error or message or anything.

i have an ATI Radeon 9800 PRo 128 MB RAM --

on second thought i looked at the main log more carefully.. the BumpMap 0- 8.jpg's in the images folder are not loading... everything else does though.. now i know what the prob is cos this has happened to me before when the textures were not in the same folder that the code tries to grab them from.. should the images be somewhere else? thanks!

i | Creating OpenGL Window...
i | Device Context: 1B0114AB
i | OpenGL Rendering Context: 00010000
i | OpenGL Window successfully created!
i | Width/Height/Bits800/593/16
i | Image Loading.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BaseMap0.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BaseMap1.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BaseMap2.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BaseMap3.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BaseMap4.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BaseMap5.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BaseMap6.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BaseMap7.jpg successfully loaded
- | Image loading error: BaseMap8.jpg
i | Image BaseMap9.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BaseMap10.jpg successfully loaded
- | Image loading error: BumpMap0.jpg
- | Image loading error: BumpMap1.jpg
- | Image loading error: BumpMap2.jpg
- | Image loading error: BumpMap3.jpg
- | Image loading error: BumpMap4.jpg
- | Image loading error: BumpMap5.jpg
- | Image loading error: BumpMap6.jpg
- | Image loading error: BumpMap7.jpg
- | Image loading error: BumpMap8.jpg
i | Image BumpMap9.jpg successfully loaded
i | Image BumpMap10.jpg successfully loaded
i | Average FPS: 0.000000
i | Memory State: OK! :-)

[edited by - opengl_guru on February 27, 2004 1:12:20 PM]

[edited by - opengl_guru on February 27, 2004 1:13:27 PM]

There should be the following subdirectories:

FragShader
Images
VertShader

All *.frag files should be in FragShader, all *.vert files should be in VertShader and all Images should be in Images.

I''ve just downloaded my demo from nehe and there all files are ok.

PS: Please be patient while loading... :-)

well it says that but the window just closes.. should i wait a min after "it closes"? yes all the folders and files are fine.. but as you saw it wasnt loading the images.. ok ill try once again...

*hm* The window should ONLY closed when there is a file loading error (as seen in log file). And if the window close the app is terminated...

I''m currently working on a new version of this. I''ll upload it as soon as possible.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!