• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evil Steve

RichEdit problem with EM_AUTOURLDETECT

This topic is 5313 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i''m trying to make my own subclassed RichEdit, and i''m using EM_AUTOURLDETECT. It used to work fine - highlighting links as being blue and underlined - but now its decided to change them to be white and underlined. Which is a slight problem on a white background... I did a load of work on it before testing it again, so i have no idea what i''ve done thats caused it. I''ve tried commenting out huge chunks of my code, and its still white. Does anyone know what would cause the links to change colour like that? Or, even better - does anyone know if its possible to choose the colour and / or formatting for links? Cheers, Steve

Advertisement
Well, it appears that the RichEdit makes the URL white if the background is black, which is a bit ugly. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, without writing my own URL parser (which would be a pain in the ass)

[edited by - Evil Steve on March 5, 2004 9:09:55 AM]

IIRC, you can change the formatting for the URLs by using the EM_SETCHARFORMAT message with a CHARFORMAT2 structure. Set the CFM_LINK flag to specify that you want to change the link formatting information.

Nope, its supposed to change the formatting, but if its got the CFE_LINK effect set it just ignores eveything else and sets it to be whatever it feels like (white, underlined in this case)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!