• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidkosenina

2048 x 2048 to 256 x 256 picture cutter.

This topic is 5231 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Helo Q2) Is there a program that can cut 2048 x 2048 png into 64 small 256 x 256 png in one go. ( makros( photoshop ) arent good enought becouse you have to press enter for every file and they are slow ! ) Q1) Where can I find good png documentation. Thanks

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by davidkosenina
Q1) Where can I find good png documentation.

www.wotsit.org

quote:

Q2) Is there a program that can cut 2048 x 2048 png into
64 small 256 x 256 png in one go. ( makros( photoshop )
arent good enought becouse you have to press enter for every
file and they are slow ! )

Your not likely to find a program to perform that very specific task. In other words, if you want better performance, write it yourself.

>>makros( photoshop )
>>arent good enought becouse you have to press enter for every
>>file and they are slow

IIRC, there is a very mighty batch-process feature in Photoshop to do tasks like this...

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature

IIRC, gimp has a plug-in that will subdivide an image into multiple images for your. If not, writing some script-fu for the job shouldn''t be that hard.

...this looks like the perfect training excercise on loading images, and saving subimages...

IIRC, this can be easily done programatically using DX (even Win32).. if course if you have premade apps, this is a moot point. Sorry for thinking outloud, or should I say, thinking through my fingers..

You can probably just write your own program in a couple of lines if you use a good image library to handle the grunt work for you. For instance, I wrote a similiar program that goes through a bunch of bitmaps and converts them to JPGs and then makes a thumbnail of the image, just using FreeImage, and it only ended up being about 50 lines or so (and most of that was just code to get directory listings and such).

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts
"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it''s done." - Scott Adams
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!