Weird lines using D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE

Started by
3 comments, last by Optimus 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi I was checking on how to fasten up some thing. I used D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE parameter. Now, It goes pretty fast. But here is the problem and question. Since I use D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE I have weird yellow red lines in the right upper corner. How do I get rid of them, why are they here ? Thx Nothing and all, by some meaning, no difference
Nothing and all, by some meaning, no difference
Advertisement
It''s a combination of tearing (which will always occur to some degree when using IMMEDIATE) and the behaviour of the Debug runtime. When you call Present the new back buffer is cleared to a solid colour to prevent you from using contents of the previous frame (which is technically illegal).

Switching to the Retail runtime should make it go away, so it''s not a concern for anything you release. I''ve seen this on a number of professional releases. Some cards/drivers just seem to be more prone to this than others.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
quote:Original post by DrunkenHyena
When you call Present the new back buffer is cleared to a solid colour to prevent you from using contents of the previous frame (which is technically illegal).

Just adding that the issue should only happen with DISCARD swapping (because that''s when it''s illegal to use the previous contents)

Muhammad Haggag

quote:Original post by Coder
Just adding that the issue should only happen with DISCARD swapping (because that''s when it''s illegal to use the previous contents)

Oops. I meant to say that. Thanks for catching it.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
Launched it with retail.
It worked.

Great Help,
Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement