• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rash

Problem with collsion detection of GunFire with Level mesh?

This topic is 5230 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I m rendering my all of the level through a single mesh. I m using the Octrees for occlusion but the problems are 1st: How to emit the gun fire from the monster. here i m using the GunFire class which is emmiting the fire from the Camera position. but it is not working properly from any monster position. 2nd: If i shoot a fire from the gun which is picked by PC (PC is moving in the level mesh) how i can check the collision of that gun fire with that single level mesh. Thanks!

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by rash
2nd: If i shoot a fire from the gun which is picked by PC
(PC is moving in the level mesh) how i can check the
collision of that gun fire with that single level mesh.

You can create small model bounding boxes (1 for the head, 3-4 for each arm, etc.) and then check if the bullet (rocket ) is inside one of those boxes.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!