C#, J#, Java

Started by
5 comments, last by Overgauss 20 years, 1 month ago
OK, so I''m reading that C# is MS'' answer to Java. Does that make J# C# v 2.0? I''ve searched everywhere and can''t figure it out. I have the feeling that C# came out first as an answer(?) to Java, then J# was released to more directly compete with Java? Or is it an assumption that C# is an answer to java because of the .NET functionality coupled with it''s easy syntax and some other java-like features that I''m unaware of? If that is the case couldn''t VB.NET fall under the same category? I''m thoroughly conflargled.
Sadly, I have all of the afflictions of genius, yet none of the benefits.
Advertisement
c# is good if you want an easier language like java but still want the directx stuff to make games etc.

but java is good, cuz its good!

what i did was learn c++ and java, make decent games in c++ and make good apps in java, java can connect to databases etc
C# was not a replacement for java (not really) it has elemenets of a bunch of languages (java, c++, delphi etc.). J# is ms's answer to java. J# is developed apart from C# so the changes in C# will not make J# 2.0 or anything. J# has been aroudn since Visual Studio 6.0. .Net is ms's answer to the java vm NOT the java language so you can't really compare the "ease" of use of .net with the ease of use with Java (seeing as one is based on java is a language and .net is based on "libries" or platform). There are a whole bunch of languages that can use the .net librires (J#, C#, Eifel, Fortran, VB, C++ and a bunch more). Anyway I would suggest going to msdn and reading up on .net to see what it really is becuause I can't explain anymore (and I could actually have some stuff wrong ) so don't take my word for this as law or anything, better to check it out yourself to see and I have to go out now so I can't type anymore anyway
-edit put in some more periods because NOW I have the time

[edited by - djkno3 on February 28, 2004 5:59:51 PM]
J# is intended for transitioning from java to .net
quote:Original post by djkno3
C# was not a replacement for java (not really) it has elemenets of a bunch of languages (java, c++, delphi etc.) J# is ms''s answer to java. J# is developed apart from C# so the changes in C# will not make J# 2.0 or anything. J# has been aroudn since Visual Studio 6.0. .net is ms''s answer to the java vm NOT the java language so you can''t really compare the "ease" of use of .net with the ease of use with Java (seeing as one is based on java is a language and .net is based on "libries" or platform) There are a whole bunch of languages that can use the .net librires (J#, C#, Eifel, Fortran, VB, C++ and a bunch more) anyway I would suggest going to msdn and reading up on .net to see what it really is becuause I can''t explain anymore (and I could actually have some stuff wrong ) so don''t take my word for this as law or anything, better to check it out yourself to see and I have to go out now so I can''t type anymore anyway

Have you ever heard of using periods to separate sentances?
not when I'm busy and have to go somewhere, why don't you post somthing constructive instead of trolling? Besides if you look at your quote (I've since changed the original). There IS periods in the sentances as well as commas

[edited by - djkno3 on February 28, 2004 6:01:12 PM]
Cool, My thanks for the info.
Sadly, I have all of the afflictions of genius, yet none of the benefits.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement