Paint Shop Pro

Started by
5 comments, last by Sean Doherty 20 years, 1 month ago
Not sure if this is the place but I ws wondering if anyone can anwser my Paint Sho Pro question? The following are my steps: 1. Create a raster window with the back ground color of Black. (Both the screen window and the preview window show as black) 2. Draw White Text in the Window. 3. After the Text is Draw PSP selects the text; so I just cut the Text. 4. Past the Text as a New Image. (Problem the screen shows as black with white text; but the preview window shows as a white screen with white text). So the problem is if I save the file it will just be a white rectangle. Why is this happening? Is there a way to fix the problem without a lot of work? Thanks All PS: Version 8.01.. _______________________________________ Understanding is a three edged sword... Independent Games compete Head to Head ... www.FreelanceGames.com [edited by - Sean Doherty on February 28, 2004 6:12:04 PM]
_______________________________________Understanding is a three edged sword...Freelance Games - Home of XBLIG Starchonwww.FreelanceGames.com
Advertisement
Chances are PSP is saving the pic as white text on a transparent background by mistake. Sometimes it likes to default a transparent background to white, giving you a whole lot of nothing. PSP8 blows. PSP7 is far more reliable.

Well, the preview window shows white because when you paste this text as a new image, it''s created on a transparent background. The preview window likes to display transparent parts as white.

As for the saving, mind telling us what format you''re saving it as? In PSP8 you''ll be better off going to File -> Export and selecting one of the optimizers. From within there you can usually select a background color, and what color to blend partially transparent pixels with.
I am saving to a .bmp file.

Independent Games compete Head to Head ...
www.FreelanceGames.com
_______________________________________Understanding is a three edged sword...Freelance Games - Home of XBLIG Starchonwww.FreelanceGames.com
And, for the record, this isn''t the right place (at all) to ask thsi kind of question. I''ll let it slide this time though.

Trent Polack
www.polycat.net
The Best Blog in the Universe
trent@polycat.net
Author of Focus on 3D Terrain Programming
quote:Original post by mittens
And, for the record, this isn''t the right place (at all) to ask thsi kind of question. I''ll let it slide this time though.

I won''t.

[Moved to: Visual Arts]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Thanks Trent...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement