• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AcoGL

Coding

This topic is 5222 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all! Does anybody know how do "pdf" standard filters work? I need to know more about compressions and decoders of this file type. These are: - ASCIIHexDecode filter - ASCII85Decode filter - LZWDecode filter - FlateDecode filter - RunLengthDecode filter - CCITTFaxDecode filter - DCTDecode filter Thanks for any kind of reply.

Advertisement
Is there someone who can advice me in finding information about mentioned codings?

Please help.

I am assuming you mean Adobe Portable Document Format? There are several open source programs that support PDF (xpdf, and OpenOffice.org come to mind). Downloading and reading the source should provide the answers you need.

If pdf means something else... ignore this message

The PostScript interepreter handles the decoding so you don''t have to.

Do you have the PostScript Language Reference Manual (PLRM)? If not have a search for it.

Actually I need to write a program to export PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format) format to TXT. I need to decode encoded strings.

That''s why I need how codding works. If you know another way how to decode mentioned things without knowing it''s structure (already programmed functions or calls etc.) please let me know.

Thanks guys a lot for already posted replays.

On my linux box I have a program called pdftotext, which does just what you need, according to the man page you can find more info at
http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/

[edited by - George2 on March 2, 2004 12:52:04 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!