• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rizwanahmed24

image converter???/

This topic is 5225 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi hope everyone doing fine Can anyone tell me where i can find a FREE image converter, which can convert image formats like png, jpeg, gif, bmp etc into one another bye

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Try downloading Paintshop Pro. You can find a free trial of it
at http://www.jasc.com/products/?

Other than that, most decent paint programs can save all the
common formats.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I like this one:

http://www.irfanview.com/

Free, small, fast.

A little off-topic, maybe - but a good suggestion nevertheless IMHO:

The .net framework (SDK of which is free) contains fairly advanced imaging classes, which can read and write almost all of the common graphics formats, while needing just a few lines of code to work.

If you know how to program at all, you can easily make your own converter with .net, and as a bonus, you get exactly the functionality you want!

Further, if you want to incorporate a new format to the converter, just implement the generic encoder/decoder class for that format.

-Nik

I''m not sure what other formats you want, but all the formats you named can be converted with the version of pbrush/PaintBrush/Paint in WindowsXP. The versions paint brush supports varies depending on your windows version but you might want to give it a try...

hello
yes i know that conversion can be done using paintBrush, photo editor, but wht i want to know is that how can i do it efficiently, The OPTIMAL CONVERSION, if i do it through photoEditor it increases the size, i found one which does the optimal conversion but it is a DOS based prog, i want to have a windows based image converter
thanks to all who replied, and welcome to those who want to reply
Bye

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!