• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pixelstar

USA - bills - extinction of small company! removes freedoms! conquer world!

This topic is 5226 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I guess this falls under game programming since this will affect us the most. Kiss freeware and shareware games goodbye You''ve probably heard about the whole "World Police" topic before but they''re starting to take it way too far. Butchering Rights and Taking Over the World 101: Lesson3: http://www.againsttcpa.com/what-is-tcpa.html I strongly suggest you read through this. Boils down to the fact that unless you have this fritz chip in all your hardware, you become a criminal. You''ll not be allowed to develope software or play old games or even have older hardware. Anything on your computer(or any type of household computational device) will have to have a TCM in it -- they control what companies are allowed to sell software and what you''re allowed to say or know. Go to jail, work for free. 5 Years, 500,000$ fine. Build a prison camp for the free American in the name of freedom. Heck while we''re at it, let''s line our pockets with even more gold - joke about it amongst our little golf club - and go ahead and force this grit apon the world. Welcome to the dictatorship called "American Security","American Interests", and "American Freedom" which is precisely the opposite of that last one -- and only in the / for the "interest" of the rich. Read the consequences section to see what I mean. Say goodbye to freeware, shareware, small companies, freedom of speech, self-determinism, etc.. How far are they going to go with this $$$ oriented "World Police/Leader" crap?

Advertisement
You do realize that is a lot of propoganda, right? Not all of it maybe, but you''re getting your information from a single site against it so it should be obvious that it''ll exaggerate etc where it helps their cause.

I''m against the TCPA as well, but its not quite as bad as that.

http://www.digitalspeech.org is somewhat related.
Also check out http://www.eff.org

And I could have sworn that the TCPA was renamed for the n-teenth time.

And yes, when you get your news source from one source, especially an activist one, you will get a skewed view. However, nothing stops you from looking at the actual text in the laws and making your own conclusions. I always look at activist info as propoganda, but I always make an effort to grep the real info from their statements.

I''m closing this, you already posted this in the lounge. Don''t cross post between forums.

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts
"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it''s done." - Scott Adams
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.

This topic is 5226 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.