VC++ or C++

Started by
20 comments, last by zike22 20 years, 1 month ago
quote:Original post by zike22
wuts the differenc between visual c++ and regular c++ and before i get n 2 game development wut shood i purchase. Is buy microsoft VC++.net standard edtion a good idea??

Since everyone has explained the difference and this post is turning into why you should buy MSVC++.NET, I will promote Bill's wares.

You should buy MSVC++.NET for a couple of reasons:

1) Most every game development book author uses it. (LaMothe recommends it, so you just have to get it right? ) So if you have it, it makes the process of following along much easier.
2) You can get it for $59.98 if you're a student. (Although, I'm not sure if it's the same as the one in the stores, for I bought mine from CompUSA for $200.)
4) If you're going to develop for Windows you might as well get it. (You wouldn’t build a Ford with a Dodge engine would you? Probably not.)
5) DEVCPP is great (and in some ways better) but you have to "jimmy rig" it to get DX working.
6) It is the so called "industry standard", so if you want a job, it’s good to become familiar with it.

"Do not flame people you don't know in a public forum. Only amateurs do that. Professionals in the industry know they will run into each other over and over. The person you flame this year may the person you want to do business with next year. Don't burn your bridges," (Diana Gruber, http://www.makegames.com/chapt6.html) .

[edited by - DIRECTXMEN on March 15, 2004 10:31:35 AM]
Advertisement
No one seemed to metion that DevC++ IS GCC!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement