4D Terrain Engine Source [download]

Started by
4 comments, last by antismoke 20 years, 1 month ago
Source Homepage... ~630kb of (original!) procedural c source code, in a visual studio 6.0 project. The engine media is also included, mainly in the form of .dds (direct draw surface) textures.
quote: 4D TERRAIN ENGINE A First Person Perspective 4D DirectX 9.0 landscape generation, solidifying, and rendering engine. All landcsapes are algorithmically generated at runtime. More than 4,000,000,000 different landscapes are identified by ID and object variance. Explosion Core, Shockwave, Smoke and Particles are all available. 2 macro scene types are available, Alpine Summer and Alpine Winter. At present, the engine is undergoing optimization.
I would be probably be interested in setting up some kind of collaborative project around the engine; control and responsibility for a single source file given to each collaborator Contact the owner via the email address on the webpage. Regards, AS [edited by - antismoke on February 29, 2004 5:37:12 PM]
Advertisement
What a great guy, looks very impressive, and hes giving out the source code?!? Thats so cool... once i get the hang 3d d3d ima study his code
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Good job, but having the executable in download would be nice
would make for a clever screen saver. Well, not exactly saving energy, but well cool

Everything is better with Metal.

To Ademan555... Good luck. The code is not altogether tidy, but it should be fairly easy to read.

To Hedos... I cannot compile the .exe, I have lost my MSVC install during an upgrade. If anyone _could_ compile it, I would gladly include it with the download.

To oliii... A screensaver has been one of my ideas, I reconsidered though, mainly because of the work of http://grid.org (I think all unused computer time should be given to this cause). It could possibly be programmed as a media player visualisation though.

antismoke
game_engine_2.zip is available for download from the link above^

The demo now works and compiles correctly.

The compiled .exe is also now included (although my compiler did not have the service pack installed(?)).

AntiSmoke

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement