• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeekPlusPlus

OOP Visualization Tools? (UML?)

This topic is 5403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I was just wondering if there were any free, or not so expensive OOP visualization tools/flowchart kidna stuff. It''s a pain to draw symboles and things in Paint and cut and paste thema round, and much harder to edit later... =) Hope someone has something out there. - Newb Programmer: Geek++

Advertisement
I remember there was one Java IDE for Apple systems that allowed you to visualize the classes, their inheritance, and so on (obviously, this tool was designed with beginners to OOP in mind). This tool might have been available for Windows, sorry I can't provide a link (I'll look for it). 8u)

-Brendan Bond

EDIT: Aha! It was for all platforms and it's called BlueJ. The URL is (you guessed it) http://www.bluej.org. It should have an option to print the diagrams (hopefully it does).

[edited by - Brendan Bond on February 29, 2004 5:56:35 PM]

http://www.smartdraw.com

Theres a free 30 day trial available for SmartDraw available at the above URL -- its real good.... Im actually contemplating purchasing it for $69... but Im looking out for some other more affordable options... or maybe ill keep d/ling trials (hehe)

ArgoUML is a java app (free)

Dia is a GPL licensed diagram creation app, supposed to be similar to visio.

------------------------------------------------------------
// TODO: Insert clever comment here.

i''ve been using ArgoUML lately and it''s a very nice package. The interface is a tad slow (java) but other than that is great.

Objecteering (www.objecteering.com)
The personal edition is free and there are 30-day free evaluation versions of the others, too.

EDIT: url (btw, how do you make them look and act like real links?)

[edited by - nonpop on March 1, 2004 7:46:20 AM]

[edited by - nonpop on March 1, 2004 8:10:53 AM]

quote:
Original post by nonpop

EDIT: url (btw, how do you make them look and act like real links?)

Use normal HTML <a> tags

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!